Wednesday, October 17, 2007

BACK TO SCHOOL

I have decided to go back to school. I vowed never to go back for a BSN but things change. I've been giving alot of thought to the course my life is taking. My job is OK I get to blog at work. I'm a planner so I thought what is it that I want to do.Not what everyone else thinks I should do. So I really want to travel to Africa-South Africa and Tanzania. Work more with women's health especially Black women. Work to make changes in my community with teaching and programming. I've decided to return to school for my BSN focus on community health nursing. There are three schools with a program that might suit me Depaul, North Park University and Uof I. Next would be a masters either in Global health or International health then PhD a total of 10yrs. of school. By then I'll be 50 no kids at home ready to travel and work as I will. But I'm I prepared to be on my own? I've never been alone in my adult life 2 kids 2marriages 2divorces 1shack-up with my ex( 1st. Husband ) It's a comfortable relationship not a loving or caring one we just live together.
I think about if I had to give myself relationship advice would I be honest. Would I take my own advise? No probably not, not now I just couldn't. But first things first I'm going back to school.

2 comments:

Ann Brock said...

Good luck on going back to school. It seems like you have it all map out. I hope it all turn out in your favor. you have a great blog.

Mae B. said...

Thank-you very much.