Thursday, September 13, 2007

music for Mis.understood

Common and Nina plus shots of Chi-town happy, happy, joy,joy. I heard the intro Nina caught my ear immediately. After listening to the song a dozen times. I down loaded the ring tone at home I put in Nina Simone's original cut and let it play and play. I first got turned on to Nina with "I need a lil suga in my bowl," after that I was hooked, BABY! Common has always been a favorite even when he was hoodooed by Badu and going south on Mr.West's nut sack. The boy is bad I got to give him that, plus he mixed in shots of CHICAGO in his video. Well everything comes full circle my path, my blog. I feel misunderstood most of the time by co-workers, friends, family, Strangers. I wanted to blog for release maybe I'd get some understanding through my blog - Misunderstood. It's so frustrating having people make judgements about me all the time. They look at me and think just by a glance they know me and what I'm about. Hell, after all these years I'm still learning about me and what I'm about. I want to be left alone and be able to be myself, enjoy being me. I'm tired of the stupid questions - What are you, answer, "I'm my momma and my daddy," Why you got dreads, how you wash yo hair? you don't eat pork ain't you a christian? Where you from you sound like you from down south, you country? You just don't look the type. She one of those stuck up bitches. You think you white. Why do you have to wear all that Afrocentric stuff? You got a hole in your nose any where else? Why yo son hair so long, cut that boy's hair it ain't natural, he looks like a girl. You look puerto rican? STOP, STOP, let me off the short bus people. This is everyday for me the stares, the awkward questions, the assumptions. Baby bye. Just listen and watch this very, I say very fine ass brother work his craft.

No comments: